Welcome to your new shared hosting account
Thanks for choosing Webfusion, the UK’s number one web host. Our shared hosting accounts have been designed to offer you a powerful and flexible hosting environment.
Visit the Webfusion support at www.webfusion.co.uk/support for a wealth of resources and answers to your most common questions.
Connecting to your account
Connecting to your new shared hosting account is easy. To upload files to your shared hosting account you would usually use an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) program.
If you don't have one of these already please download and install an FTP client onto your computer, you may wish to download a free copy of SmartFTP.
Then simply enter the following details from your welcome email into the FTP client:*
- Host Name / Address: ftp.myserverworld.net (windows) or ftp2.myserverworld.net (linux)
- Username: eg. email@example.com
- Password: eg. 6w07PwnL
- Port (if requested): 21
If you are using SmartFTP you will also need to set the data connection mode to "Active" - you can find this option in the tools > settings menu [see screenshot].
For Windows accounts
- Publicly viewable web pages sit inside the /web/content directories.
- The first page of your website should be named default.html (all lowercase).
For Linux accounts
- Publicly viewable web pages sit inside the /public_html directory.
- The first page of your website should be named index.html (all lowercase).